Update as we enter Delta Level 2
Thank you everyone for your continued patience and understanding through these trying times. Our team have worked really hard to adapt our systems and processes as we move through lockdown levels.
1) when you phone us for an appointment with a doctor you will be asked whether you have symptoms of a cough, cold runny nose, fevers, etc, and you will be offered a phone or video consultation in the first instance. This is because in Level 2 we are still required to minimise the number of patients we see in person, and to limit and socially distance all patients who are in our practice building at any one time. As a rule of thumb we have been advised to aim for 50% of our consultations to be undertaken via phone or video.
2) please remember that face masks are mandatory when you are in our building
3) if you report symptoms of a respiratory tract infection such as a cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat with our without fevers, you will be offered a Covid swab, and if you require a review by a doctor, you will be seen by the doctor designated to seeing respiratory patients on that particular day. You will be advised to remain in your car and phone us to let us know you have arrived. You will then be given instructions as to how next to proceed
4) if you do not have any respiratory symptoms you may come to our waiting area which will be arranged to enable social distancing, if there are too many people in our waiting area at any one time, you may be asked to wait in your car until there is room in our waiting area
5) all repeat prescriptions will be sent to your nominated pharmacy, if you would normally pick up your prescription from us, there will be no extra charge for sending your prescription to your pharmacy
6) ACC forms and WINZ certificates will be emailed to you following a consultation which usually can be undertaken via phone or video
7) we are continuing to offer Covid testing. Please phone us first if you have symptoms such as a cough, cold, runny nose, fever. You will be given instructions and a time to attend for your test. Please remain in your car at all times.
8) we will text you when we get your Covid test result. We do not know how long the lab will take to process the results but we will be checking our results regularly and you will be notified as soon as we get the results. We kindly ask you therefore not to phone us for your swab results
9) scheduled immunisations will continue to proceed under lockdown precautions, as will cervical smears, Depo injections, and B12 injections
10) urgent laboratory tests, X-rays and ultrasounds can be organised to occur in the community and the referral forms can be emailed to you
11) our urgent medical service will not be running in level 2, all patients are kindly asked to phone us for an appointment