We were all advised that on 6/10/21, that there are currently 18 active cases of COVID-19 in the Waikato including cases in Hamilton and one case in Karapiro. In light of this new development, our practice will be operating using level 3 protocols. We again apologise for the inconvenience caused by this as ask for your continued patience as we endeavour to offer the best services we can in difficult times.
1) we are continuing to offer Covid testing for as many people as we can. Please phone us first if you wish to have a Covid swab. Symptoms to be concerned about are: cough, cold, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fevers. You will be given instructions and a time to attend for your test. Please remain in your car at all times. We have been advised today by the Ministry of Health, that anyone who has visited areas of interest can now be tested, even if they do not have symptoms. There are testing stations at Karapiro and in Hamilton and we will refer you to them if we run out of capacity to test you on the day you call
2) we will text you when you get your Covid testing result. We do not know how long the lab will take to process the results but we will be checking our results regularly and you will be notified as soon as we get the results. We kindly ask you therefore not to phone us for your swab results
3) if you wish to have an appointment with a doctor you will have a phone or video consultation with a doctor in the first instance. If, after this review it is deemed medically necessary to see you in person you will be given instructions as to how to proceed
4) all repeat prescriptions will be sent to your nominated pharmacy, prescriptions will not be available to be picked up from our practice
5) ACC and WINZ certificate renewals can be organised via video or phone consultations
6) routine childhood immunisations will continue to take place as scheduled as will Depo Provera injections, cervical smears will be re-booked where possible, and b12 injections, where possible, will be offered to patients whilst they remain in their cars
7) Urgent blood tests and X-rays and ultrasounds will continue in the community, however, River Radiology, next door to us have had to close for 10 days due to a positive COVID case entering their Hamilton branch. They have had to stand down some of their Hamilton staff and re-deploy their Cambridge staff instead.
8) our urgent medical service continues to be put on hold, please phone us for an appointment